Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 6 with Elder Chandler

  This week went incredibly fast!! I seriously can't believe it's my last transfer! We got transfer calls on Saturday night and I'll be staying here in Clarkston and I'll be training a new missionary. Elder Yorgason might also be joining me to make us a trio companionship but I never heard that from President or the AP's, Elder Yorgason just told me President told him something about it! So if that's the case it will be an eventful last transfer, learning how to teach with two other missionaries and training one of them from the start, should be a period of learning and growth for all of us!
   Ed Rall is doing so well!! He's the man we are teaching who lives in our apartment complex. He moved his Baptismal date up to August 20th instead of the 27th! His desire is so strong to become a member of the Savior's Church on the Earth and continue to turn his life around. He went to JCPenny to buy a suit last week, he's gotten some white shirts, he ordered a triple combination of scriptures from the lds bookstore online, and he has loved the last two Sundays at Church. I love to see my fellow brothers and sisters learning and progressing in the Gospel. As the people who are ready to receive the Gospel learn it, they apply it and their desire continues to increase and they flourish spiritually! I have seen it happen to many people on my mission, unfortunately there are many more people who are not ready to receive the Gospel yet but it hasn't ever discouraged me from going out to find the few who are!
   Ed came to a Devotional that was down in Livonia on Thursday evening, it was amazing!! Two converts spoke about how they joined the Church and the process by which they gained their testimonies, it was powerful! One lady was in her mid 60's, grew up in another religion but drifted from it in her later years because she felt something important was missing in her life. Then she requested a Book of Mormon online and the missionaries came to see her. Elder Chandler was serving where she lived at the time and they started teaching her! Then she investigated the Church for over a year, and finally got to the point where she could say with confidence from God that she knew the Book of Mormon and the Church which espouses it was true, and she felt that missing piece in her life be filled by the fulness of the Gospel as restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. The other lady who spoke was in her early 30's, she had become super skeptical about religion throughout college and other life experiences. She started dating this LDS guy and they had some good discussions about religion, but it ended up not working out and over the next 2 years she said she could just never got the thought out of her mind that she just needed to go to Church and see for herself. So she did one day finally! And she started to seek out the truthfulness of the Gospel for herself - She bore powerful testimony that she had found would she had been searching for! All of the questions which she had about life, about Church, about God and His plan, were answered and continue to be answered through the restored Gospel and the Savior's Church on the Earth.
   It's amazing this gift that many of us have, to be raised up with the fulness of the Gospel, to have the answers to all of life's greatest questions from our youth!! Many individuals go throughout their entire lives without such answers. I am grateful for how the Lord has blessed me in my life, and I testify that if we will simply reach out to those around us, we will find those who have sought the truth, but know not where to find it. It's amazing that the Lord trusts us with that responsibility!
   I know God has a plan for each of us and that no matter what life throws at us if we humble ourselves in prayer before Him, He will reach out in perfect love and mercy and see us through whatever it may be. I know He will bless me with the righteous desires of my heart this last transfer! I will sprint to the finish! No time to waste! Love you all and God bless you in every aspect of your lives.







   

No comments:

Post a Comment