Monday, August 22, 2016

The Lord Prepares His Children

Hello Everyone,

What a fantastic week!! Ya'll are probably sick of me saying that but it is true!! Every week in our Savior's service is the new best week of the mission.

   We were able to meet some amazing people this week. We've really been focusing on talking with everybody that we see, and the Lord has shown us that He trusts us this week. I'll share a couple of the many miracles we had:

   We had a Zone Activity where we contacted this lady named Natalie while she was out on her smoke break. She said, "It's so crazy that you are here right now! I have had this feeling that I need to go back to Church and then you come along!" We testified that we knew God led us to her and that the message we share would bring peace, happiness, and direction to her and her family. She lives in a different area than ours but we sent her info to the Elders over there!

   We were out tracting, about 7:45pm on Saturday evening and we feel prompted to knock a certain house. So we do that, and a big burly guy with pretty full facial hair opens the door and we start talking with him. Find out his name is Jeremy, he was raised going to a Church but the older he got and the more he matured, the less need he saw to attend Church. Instead, he felt a pressing need to live more like the Savior every day of his life. Becoming more humble and kind each day. Another spiritual insight that he shared with us which was pretty neat was this, he said: "I talked at God for quite a while. It took me a long time to learn to talk WITH Him. But now that I know the difference I talk with Him every morning, throughout the day, and at night." We were just like WOW!!! This guy is SO READY for the restored Gospel!! So we share the message of the Restoration with him. That Christ actually established a Church when He was here, that it was lost for centuries, but has been restored to the Earth through a living Prophet. As we used Jospeh Smith's own words to describe the First Vision, we all felt the Spirit bear witness of this marvelous experience that happened in the spring of 1820. His words are as follows: 
“I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. … When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! 
After reading and hearing that, Jeremy said, shaking his head in awe, - "Wow". We asked him about what he felt and he said he believed that this could have happened and he was so happy that we came to his house!! We shared the Book of Mormon with him as well, explaining that if he really wanted to know if this Restoration had taken place, then the Book of Mormon is the key to that knowledge. He committed to reading, pondering, and praying about it and we'll be seeing him again this week. 

I love the Lord and His work. Being in His service full time has been so rewarding, I love it!! I cringe at the fact that it will be over soon, but I will give my all to Him these last couple of weeks! Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement for me! I love you all so much and am grateful for your love. Have a blessed week because I know we will!

Elder Goff

Zone Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment