Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 5 with Elder Chandler

Hello Everyone,

This was a week of miracles! Awesome experiences this week. I'll tell ya about a couple of them.

   So we're teaching this guy named Ed Rall, who lives in our apartment complex. He gave us a ride to Church yesterday! He loved his experience there, he is so prepared. He's one of those investigators who had been "seeking the truth, but knew not where to find it", he almost instantaneously accepts the doctrines we teach as he feels they are true himself. Wonderful guy, we contacted him in the parking lot one day and the next we're teaching him and the next he's at Church on Sunday and progressing towards his Baptism on August 27th! I know the Lord leads us to those He has prepared, I have seen it over and over again in my mission. We had another experience just last night that really demonstrates that truth of that as well:

   On Sunday evening we prayed to know where we should go to find someone the Lord had prepared to receive the Gospel. We felt impressed to go to a certain street, so we go there. We pray in faith again and then get out of the car. We see a woman detailing her car in her driveway and interestingly enough satan tries to tell me "she's busy, she probably won't wanna talk with you" so I shove him out of my life and we go talk with her. She says, "You're gonna be sorry you stopped to talk with me! Around 8 Years ago I met 2 young guys just like you in Lake Orion (a neighboring city) and some of the things we talked about really struck some of my nerves, not in a bad way, like it was interesting. They gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon and wrote their phone # in it." We continue to talk and teach very simply the Restoration of Christ's original Church to the Earth. She was intrigued by the possibility of living Apostles and Prophets on the Earth today. She had so much sincerity as we discussed what it would mean for her family if it was true and what she needed to do to find out if it were true! Which is to read, ponder and pray about the truthfulness and divinity of the Book of Mormon. She was honest with us, she said that she just recently got remarried (she's in her late 40's probably) and has a few kids all around 18-20 years old, and that she just changed from being Catholic to being Lutheran for her husband because he didn't want to join the Catholic Church, he just wanted to stay the way he was. So now they share the same religious beliefs, and so she expressed that if this were true, she knew he would need to know it as well because she wasn't about to ruin this brand new relationship. We agreed and she committed to study the Restoration and ask God if it was true. She wouldn't commit to meet with us again because of what her husband may have thought about it but she will call us this week. She was such an amazing lady!! And we literally were led right to her. We parked almost right in front of her house. God knows his children! And He wants us to find them.
   After these wonderful miracles I feel as Ammon did in the Book of Mormon. He rejoiced after his long years of missionary service and large harvest of souls to Christ saying,

" Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."
   I love this work and I am sprinting! No time to waste. We don't want to be left behind as the Lord hastens His work. Have a great week everyone!

Elder Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment